Transforming Lives Through Jesus' Love
Providence began with a song of worship that was written and decreed and soon the vision was released within a team of Garden leaders as the Lord directed.
The mission and purpose of Providence is to proclaim and demonstrate the fullness and power of the gospel of Jesus Christ by bringing life changing transformation and to meet the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of the poor and homeless men, women and children in San Angelo and surrounding areas. Providence will implement, empower and equip through the fullness and power of Jesus Christ as the foundation, in order to prevent hunger, poverty, abuse, addictions, and mental illness and to improve the quality of people's lives by producing real change through the love of Jesus and by demonstrating and reflecting that love.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Street Outreach: Weekly times of taking a team to the streets and ministering to the homelessand poor as well as handing out food bags, water, clothing and toiletries.
- Evangelism Outreach: Weekly outreach times to visit homes and apartment complexes handing out food boxes and sack suppers as well as ministering to the needs of the people.
- Soup Kitchen Outreach: Once a month outreach as we take the Providence truck to the local soup kitchen and hand out clothing and toiletries.
- Discipleship, Teaching and Training: Ongoing individual discipleship, teaching and training with those we minister to weekly.
Providence accepts the following donations to be used monthly: toiletries [men, women and children's]; new socks; used shoes in good condition; gently worn clothing; wash cloths and bath towels; new underwear; small tarps; toilet paper; reading glasses; diapers; and Bibles.
"Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled." Luke 14:23
"For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me....inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me." Matthew 25:35-36, 40
For questions about Providence contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROVIDENCE 3:16 HOUSE in Sterling City, TX
Clothing and food boxes available to anyone needing a little extra help.
Open Thursdays, 9:00-11:00 am & 4:00-6:00 pm
316 5th Street (White house across from the Nursing Home)
We welcome food and clothing donations. Everything donated will be given out locally, free of charge.
The following is a list of clothing/food items Providence 3:16 in Sterling City will take:
1) We do not take any kind of furniture!
2) Children , Men and women’s clothing
3) Tennis shoes, dress shoes, boots, and sandals
4) Socks (new)/underwear (new)
5) Food Pantry -Cereal, rice, beans, pasta, can goods, fruit bars, fruit cups, granola bars, juice, peanut butter, jelly, spaghetti sauce, canned meats etc.